Congratulations, you’re engaged! Now starts the never ending Google search for a beautiful venue, the perfect dress and, of course, the most delicious cake (along with a thousand other things).
Step away from the computer and step into the soonest bridal show you can find. That is where everything you’ve been looking at online comes to life. An empty room is transformed with the sights (couture dresses), sounds (that DJ you’ve read so much about), and smells (the cake on your tablet you’ve been drooling over) of all that is wedding.
To help you prepare, we are sharing our reasons why you should attend a wedding show. Plus few tips to navigate through the show with the least amount of stress and the most success.
Top 4 Reasons Why You Should Attend a Wedding Show!
Vendors put their Best Foot Forward:
This is the time for you to preview the best of the best when it comes to what we as vendors have to offer. Whether it is a photography studio showcasing their best photos or a bakery letting you sample their most decadent cake, all vendors step up their game for a show. Plus, many wedding vendors offer specials to brides that attend the show and book with them (we definitely do, so stop by and ask us about it!)
As a Bride, You are Treated Like Royalty:
Every girl loves to be pampered and made to feel special. As a bride, that is exactly what you can expect at a bridal show. We absolutely love meeting brides, hearing your wedding vision, and mostly, sharing in your excitement!
All the Experts at Your Fingertips
A bridal show is a fancy way of saying: “All the experts are in this room!” Do you have questions about ceremony traditions? Maybe you have a great idea for your centerpieces but aren’t sure how to make them happen. The best people in the wedding industry are there to help and we love answering your questions.
Freebies and Giveaways
It is worth it to attend a show just for the opportunity to win a great prize. Most booths have some sort of giveaway- we have a drawing for dinner at our amazing rooftop restaurant Eleven! Plus, there is usually a grand prize, like an all-expenses paid honeymoon (and, seriously, who doesn’t want that)!
So, we have convinced you to give your WIFI a rest and to attend a bridal show, but now what? It’s time to prepare to attend.
6 Tips for a Fun & Successful Wedding Show Experience
- This will usually save you money and will definitely save you time at the door
- Before the Show
- Create a wedding specific email address. That way, all of your wedding correspondence is in one place and not cluttering your personal email.
- Make address labels or business cards. You will be giving your contact information out, a lot. This will help you avoid those painful hand cramps.
- Make a vendor checklist. Include what you need to accomplish at the show, this will help you stay focused. Have you chosen a venue yet? If not, make that priority number one.
- Make Sure to …
- Bring a notebook and pen. Jot any notes down as you talk to different people.
- Wear comfy shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking. And just ignore the fact that all of us vendors are in heels- we just want to look good for you!
- Bring Reinforcements
- Whether it is your groom, best friend, or your mom- you’ll want to bring 1 or 2 people to bounce ideas off of, help you make a decision, or just assist you with holding everything you receive.
- Stay Focused
- Stick to the list you made and seek out the vendor information you know you need. This will help you from getting overwhelmed.
- After the Show, Grab a Bite to Eat & Review Your Notes
- Sit down, rest your feet, and thank your best friend for spending Sunday talking to 8 different DJ’s. Also use this time to go over all the information you collected while it is fresh in your mind.
While getting the information you need is your number one priority for a bridal show, it is another event for you to attend that will add to your excitement about marrying the love of your life- and what is more fun than that?
Visit us at the upcoming Wedding Shows!
Sunday, April 17, 2016
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Sunday, May 15, 2016
12:00pm – 4:00pm
Hyatt Regency Orlando
Save 20% on Tickets with Code ‘REUNION’